JVP aspires to nurture outlets for art & cultural work to strengthen organizing as well as shape its strategy. We draw on our diverse histories, experiences, and mediums/disciplines in our collective work of:
- transforming Jewish communities;
- sustaining and supporting our allies in the movement;
- waging campaigns that challenge oppression, build power, and influence policy;
- shifting culture and public discourse.
There are different ways to plug into arts & culture organizing within JVP — all of which are essential to our goals and mission. Read about the Network and the Council below and join at the level of participation that’s the right fit for you!
JVP Arts & Culture Network
||Join The Council
THE ARTS & CULTURE NETWORK is a wide community of artists/cultural workers and arts appreciators/supporters who sign up to:
- Get JVP arts & culture news.
- Learn about rapid response opportunities.
- Receive JVP & Artist Council project updates & learn about opportunities to collaborate and/or submit work.
- Bring their specific skills & creativity to Artist Council projects & JVP’s work at large.
THE ARTIST COUNCIL is comprised of active member leaders.
This group moves work forward through organizing each other and JVP’s Arts & Culture Network.
Members apply to sit on the Council by answering a set of questions about their creative practice, relationship to JVP and the movement of solidarity with Palestine, interests, and capacity for work and leadership.
Artist Council members:
- Are members of JVP, and aligned with the organization’s values.
- Sign on to support the call for cultural boycott of Israel.
- Support the development of the A&C Network
- Can propose & lead projects / working groups.
- Have the opportunity to attend local and/or national convenings.
- Are included in internal communications.
- Stay engaged in digital group conversations between meetings, including providing updates on current work.